Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A few things I have learned while being in the Windy City:

1-Being a decent, good, or great parallel parker is not enough.  It must be your superpower.  You have to be able to do it quickly because the oncoming traffic won't wait for you and you must be able to do it on both sides of the road. It's crazy!

2-Most of the cute men hang out in the wine store. with their girlfriends. where i can't go because i always have my cousins with me. that's not a complaint, just an observation.
3-i have been off sugar long enough that when I try to have even a little bit, I get a tummy ache.  Finally! Thank the Lord!
4-The people who work in the Borders down the road, apparently, "hate books".  Go figure.
5-You can get too much of a good thing-watching Hook every night since Sunday has eliminated its appeal.
6-Exaggerating is not just something my dad is good at, but my aunt as well.  I love them both dearly, but exaggerating time and distances can really change how I plan things.  
7-At the age of 28 (oops, did I really just admit that?!) I still get homesick.
8-I love being able to walk to Starbucks and then come home to watch the Today Show.
9-Bubble baths in my aunt's claw foot tub are amazing.
10-My youngest cousin sings the Beatles all of the time-it's wonderful.

2 comments:

Charity said...

Hook! Hook! Hook!

You're doing it Peter:)

Thud ball!!!

One of my favorite childhood movies:)

It sounds like you have had a really good time. This is my first time in almost two weeks that Adeline is in bed by herself before 10. I feel a little sense of freedom:) But then, I also miss her.

Hope to talk soon.
I think of you often.
Love,
Charity

Sarah Knapp said...

I found that the employees in bookstores in Chicago are crazy! Glad you had an adventure though. The first in a new line of many I believe:-)