Sunday, January 11, 2009

Just what I needed to hear.

12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I made it to church with mom. It felt good to walk in our beautiful sanctuary. I found a little pew off to the side where I could sit alone and I felt my heart quiet down. Then Pastor Jack gave a sermon that felt as if it were intended just for me. He used the verse from above and spoke about vital Christian living. I want to be there...living a life as a stronger Christian.

I have been making an effort, in keeping with my New Year's resolution, to be kinder to myself and others. This has a LOT to do with my relationship with Christ-well, mostly all to do with this relationship. It's crucial to be kinder if I am going to live a vital Christian life. Because I'm human, and a dynamic one at that (aren't we all?), it's not always easy to do this. I catch myself, sometimes mid-sentence/thought, in hindsight, and even in my body language representing the opposite of how I would like to be. It's frustrating and yet I appreciate that change and obedience to God are not going to be easy.

Each day I hope to take a step forward. Whether that step is big or small won't matter to me. So long as I am walking in compassion, gentleness, patience and towards Christ I will be ok.

1 comments:

Charity said...

I love you