Sunday, January 04, 2009

aaaahhh....2009


Where has the time gone? The last six months of my life have been a blur for the most part and before I fully realized it, I was knocking on the door of 2009.  I am still not sure if I was ready to be let in, but this is one of those things I can't control.  

Since I have to live in a new year, I figured it was ok to adapt appropriately and do the best I can to get comfortable here.  

There are a few difficult things with welcoming a new year. Most challenging for me is realizing all of the things I didn't fulfill (remember last year's resolutions?).  This year that was topped by the simple fact that time is moving on.  While life is continuing, friends and family are moving forward, my life has become time that is identified by grief, healing, and a strong desire to remain as close to my dad's last moment with us here on earth.  

There are many beautiful things that come with a new year too! God is full of amazing blessings. While my family endured a tremendous loss with my dad's accident and his passing, God never left us.  That was made clear day after day.  I am thankful for a year full of God's grace, His favor, His forgiveness and His love.  I am looking forward to growing in my faith, being blessed with an opportunity to continue  working on being more Christ-like, and the many amazing blessings God will share with me this year.  

I thought long and hard about whether or not I wanted to make a resolution this year.  Finally, after much contemplation, I decided that I did.  I resolve to find happiness in life.  This will come through many efforts and avenues, but life is too short to have regrets, to not enjoy, and to spend time waiting...

Happy New Year!  May it be a blessed one~ full of love and happiness for each of us!

1 comments:

Sarah Knapp said...

That's a pretty good idea for a resolution! And I love the new look!!!
Love you!