As a kid growing up in a farming community, I heard a lot about 4-H. My friends participated in it, learning new skills and raising animals for show. It was kind of a mystery to me since I wasn't personally part of it.
Well, as part of my job with the VFW National Home for Children, I am able to experience 4-H. The kids that I work with are there this week showing the animals that they raised: hogs and rabbits. It's a BLAST! Today was auction day and I had the opportunity to help with chores (pretty smelly, but fun), watch the auction (whoa! how do those auctioneers talk so fast?!), and mingle with the other families that are living the fair life this week. 4-H life is not really a mystery to me anymore and I'm kind of surprised that I like it as much as I do. I think that somewhere inside of me, I'm a farm girl. Well...sort of :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment