So the title of my blog sounds kind of depressing, huh? But, I am a little sad today. While checking my email at work, I was greeted by a screen reading "Ledger DEAD at 28". Heath Ledger wasn't a close personal friend of mine by any means; however, I have become familiar with him through the many movies he has been in. Most of them I liked. As a matter of fact, I just watched 10 Things I Hate About You the other day. I laughed while I was watching it because I remembered how one of my best friends and I talked forever about how much we loved him.
How sad that his life ended so soon. He was 28, the same age I am. There is so much life in front of me, so I hope and pray, that I can't imagine it being done so soon for anyone.
As I catch the Hollywood news I am constantly impressed with how terrible that life must really be. There is no such thing as privacy and it seems that fewer celebrities are living with dignity and character. Or, at least, society has chosen to focus on those specific ones so much that it seems that's the case for everyone. Life in Hollywood is truly life in the fast lane. Sadly, Ledger may have been a victim of that.
On a happier, less depressing note, I started my observations in Special Ed. again today. I can't begin to describe how much I LOVE working with these students. It has been almost a month since I have seen them and I really missed them! Seeing them today was truly a bright spot in my week. Thank God for blessings like this one :)!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
A little bit of sadness...
Posted by The World through Angel's Eyes at 7:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
First off, yay for a new blog! I check all the time just in case:-)
Second, I agree about Ledger. It's so sad, he was truly a great actor and I can't imagine how bad things must be for you to live a life of drug abuse (assuming that's what they'll determine the cause was).
Third, yay for SPED observations! I am so glad you are glad for that. Very cool. I was testing kids' reading abilities today and got to test a lot of our SPED kids and some did so great, it was heart-warming:-)
Love you.
Post a Comment