Hard to believe that it's been almost two months since I've blogged. It's not that I haven't had anything to say. I've had LOTS to say. I just couldn't get myself to actually blog. It almost felt as if I had something blocking my ability to do it. But, like they say, there is no time like the present-so here are my thoughts.
I'm not in nursing school. I found out four days before my first clinical that the restrictions from my surgery would prevent me from starting. The weird part was that I was relieved. I quickly, and I do mean quickly, was accepted again to Olivet College where I would begin their new program for Special Education for the Emotionally Impaired. God is AMAZING and has a funny way of making things happen. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE what I'm doing! I have started working in a Special Education classroom for two hours a week and I look forward to it. I can see myself doing this and I feel passionate about the children I will have the pleasure of working with, their families, and the opportunity to share some pretty awesome opportunities with them all. I have no doubt that I am exactly where God wants me to be.
On another note-my heart is so incredibley sad. What seems like another lifetime ago some days and like yesterday on others, I was fortunate enough to work as a youth leader. I shared the experience with four friends and it may have been two of the best years of my life so far. But, one of our kids committed suicide last Friday. Even as I type that I can't believe that it's true. He leaves behind a wife, kids, a dad, friends, family.
I hadn't seen him in almost a year. It's funny how you never truly know what is going on with a person on the inside. But, the one thing I will never forget about him was his desire and efforts to be better. He struggled with addictions, poverty, education, but it never stopped him from wanting a better life. He was always friendly. Always smiling. Always willing to help others. He had a good heart and was willing to share it with those in his life.
I have wondered and prayed every day since I learned of this. I hope that he truly knew Christ. Truly had hoped and felt loved, cared for. Please pray for his family that they will come to know Christ more through this tragedy.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Where has the time gone?!
Posted by The World through Angel's Eyes at 5:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It does seem like yesterday and forever all the same, it's so odd. I have been in continual thought and prayer since the news. He reached out though, he did just by coming with Jimmy to church and to me, that means something. And I hope and have faith, that that means something to God too.
So glad to have you back. I have been thinking of you and missing you.
Post a Comment