For two weeks now I have been confined to the lay-z-boy recliner or my bed. Recovery from hernia repair surgery is no party-that is for sure. Thankfully my dad brought my computer upstairs for me (still can't make that journey without pain) and I can tolerate sitting in the chair for the computer desk for small amounts of time.
I'll be honest, I had reveled at the idea of a few weeks without activities, commitments, etc....but life in the real world is starting to sound good. I have discovered that my doctor is right-healing is an art. You have to perfect the ability to do NOTHING when you doctor says to "do nothing". It sure hasn't been easy. I've watched more TV in the last two weeks than I have in the last two years. I've read books, played hand held yatzee, slept, and slept some more. All of this in hope that my doctor will tell me I'm a-ok to return to my life. Let's hope I get that clearance sooner rather than later.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
The art of healing.
Posted by The World through Angel's Eyes at 8:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment