Every now and then I take a pause in life to feel the changes going on around me. Sometimes they feel insignificant, small, and barely worth taking notice of. Sometimes they feel huge, overpowering, confusing, and more than I can handle. When the changes feel this big, I panic just a bit-at first. After panicking, I brace myself and settle in to the rhythm and the changes and life. There isn't much I can do about the changes so I just hold on for the ride. Life is easier when you go with it vs. Fighting it.
Right now there are a lot of changes in my life. Nothing earth shattering, but enough for me to adjust my position in this world. Friends are moving, family members are getting married, co workers are leaving for new jobs, relationships are ending, babies will be born soon, and I am in the midst of it all. These changes remind of how God is constantly working in our lives. It is amazing to me that He blesses us with so much. Even when the changes hurt or scare me-He is bigger than all of it. He allows the good, He can turn the bad in to a good, and He is always there creating the rhythm of life.
"for I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" (Jeremiah 29:11)
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
The rhythm of Change
Posted by The World through Angel's Eyes at 9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
My favorite scripture (and one I actually have memorized). Thanks for the reminder - and for the awesome renewal of friendship tonight:-) Love - S.
Post a Comment