Friday, June 08, 2007

Make new friends, but keep the old


I have been blessed in my life to have many great and wonderful friends. Some of them I have known since I moved to Olivet in the third grade. Others I met in college or through some other life experience. No matter when I met a friend, I am always super thankful for their presence in my life and the role that they play.

Tonight I got to spend time with old friends. Well, they aren't old, but our friendship is. We've known each other since the third grade. I loved every minute of it. We laughed and shared and talked and caught up and strolled down memory lane and just enjoyed our friendship. The beautiful part is that all three of us are in different areas of life. One of us is married and just had her third baby, the other is finishing up school and preparing for a new career, while I am just beginning my school. But, no matter the differences in the details of our lives, the most important thing remains-our love for each other as friends.

This is the second experience with a friend this week that has caused me to stop and realize how truly lucky I really am. Some people may not be lucky enough to have even one good friend in their lifetime and I have been blessed with lots of best friends. I hope that for everyone.

0 comments: