Well, several different topics = a longer blog. I half thought about blogging on them individually and realized what a waste of time. You'll just have to bare with me as this will be a longer post :p.
Last Thursday I had a small surgery done where they removed an enlarged lymph node in my neck/chin area. It was a surreal thing-I think that my blessing in the whole thing is that I've disassociated (again not sure how healthy this is) from the stress of this all. The lymph node has been HUGE since January. This is very rare and so they (doctors involved) wanted to remove it in order to biopsy it. YIKES! I am happy to report that the whole ordeal has gone over quite well. Revocery is a little more involved than I had thought, but I feel good. The incision is small-ish, and I have minimal bruising. The good news is that while a whole bunch of tests are being run on my lymph node, the surgeon feels confident that it's just overactive as it was soft when she took it out. Not hard like a cancerous one would be. So, prayers of thanksgiving are going up and prayers for good results are still being made.
BUT! The bonus in the situation was my (male) nurse. Oh my....my own McDreamy on the day of surgery. Tall, dark, handsome, muscular, and young. At first I thought I was hallucinating from the drugs, but then my dad said "I see you look at that hunky nurse over there". Totally called out. When the time came for me to go to the operating room, along he comes to roll me away. He made small talk and then apologized for the room being so cold. Commented on how the next room would be even colder and then said, "I think I'll get you another blanket. You won't need it right away, but you'll be happier with it". He then proceeded to tuck me in again. Thank god I was drugged. That way I couldn't be held completely responsible for anything I may have said about him or to him. I only hope that some day I can work at Oaklawn and meet him again.
Today I met with my advisor at KCC. I am officially registered for my first semester of RN classes. I think this will all work out well. I had started to second guess my choice of going to nursing school. It's scary to think that I'll be responsible for people's health, that people could actually die on my watch, and that I will be poking people and giving them meds. It seems so heavy. And yet today, things just fell in to place so well that I can not deny that this is where I am meant to be. Thank God for His confirmations, leadings, and favor.
I think a lot lately about how my life is going to change so much in the next few months. I won't lie-it's completely overwhelming! Despite the overwhelming aspects of it all, I feel good about it. Good things are coming and I can't wait to share them!
Monday, April 30, 2007
My own McDreamy, Things are falling in to place, and more thoughts
Posted by The World through Angel's Eyes at 11:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So many good things are coming your way! I can feel it;-)
Love, S.
Angel,
Why have all these things happened and I don't know about them????? I feel like a terrible friend.
I called you last night because I was in town for a funeral but your phone went right to voicemail. I figured that your phone was off.
I would love to talk and catch up sometime soon. Please give me a call!!!
Love, Charity
Post a Comment