Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The conflict of my interests

Well, the reality is that I am seriously poor. I live on my own again. It's a fabulous feeling to have my own space, privacy, etc...This should not be confused with a dislike of my former roomy Brityn. I love her to pieces. She's my Sigma sister now...she's been my friend for years, and everyday I sit in my apartment alone, I start to miss her. But, there is something to be said for having your own space.

Because I have my own space, I also have my very own full rent payment. Now, mind you, this is not a bad payment at all. But because I work for a non-profit, rent is a big deal now. So, in an attempt to be financially responsible, I sit down and make a budget.
What did I learn:
1) Ignorance is bliss. When you don't know how broke you are, you don't care.
2)Ummmm...there is no money for emergencies. Life is not emergency free.
3) I'm still not married to the man of my dreams that will pay for my existence on this earth so that I can literally afford to stay working for non profits for the rest of my life. Where the heck is he?! Can someone please tell him to hurry up!

This is where the conflict of my interests comes in. I need a new job. Not want, not hope for, but NEED! It's the only way I can live financially. But, I LOVE my job. I would like to stay here a little bit longer. I feel like I am where I am supposed to be. This is ministry, this is working with people, this is what I love to do. I like coming to work, I don't mind the chaos and stress (well, most days), I love the families, the kids, my co- workers-how can I trade all of that in for a bigger paycheck? My interest in my job does not support my interest to live and be able to support myself.

God can do anything. With Him, all things are possible. So, I am hoping that He can move mountains in this situation. And, of course, if He does, but asks me to bring a shovel-I may come along hesitantly, but I will go.

1 comments:

aimee marie said...

this is tough stuff. i'm praying for you friend.